Radon Testing
Radon is a radioactive gas caused by the natural decay of uranium. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer next to smoking. Radon can be sporadic from house to house. For example your neighbor might have a high level of radon and you might have an acceptable level. The Environmental Protection Agency recommends that a level 4 pCi/L of radon or more can be harmful and should be mitigated.






















Radon originates from uranium in the ground. Uranium has a half life of billions of years. Uranium decays into radium, and radium decays into radon.  Radon becomes harmful when it enters your home and is inhaled. Radon, which has a half-life of merely a few days, in turn decays as well. The radioactive particles (Alpha, Beta and Gamma Rays) in radon in turn decay and cause microscopic damage to the delicate tissues of your lungs. Prolonged exposure to such trauma has been linked to cancer in lungs lungs and esophagus. Radon is a colorless, odorless, invisible gas that can only be detected through special equipment.

Gelsick Home Inspection, LLC is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection to both test your home and analyze the results. A typical short term test gives you a snapshot of radon levels in your home. We currently utilize the short term electret (e-Perm ®) method. We recommend all homes be tested for this gas. Remember: knowing is better!

How it Works:

1. Call us now at (814) 834-9454

2. We will arrange an appointment with you.

3. We will arrive at your location and set your test.

4. Within 2 to 7 days, we will return to analyze the detectors, and will provide you with the results. It's that simple!


WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE RADON:
Gelsick Home Inspection, LLC is not licensed to perform mititiagation, nor do we perform any mitigation work of any kind; however, we have built relationships with, and will only recommend, the best mitigation companies in your area.



Radon Testing

PA DEP ID #: 2809
Michael O. Gelsick